Swimming Pool Water Saving Tips During the California Drought
Tips, Tricks and Ideas to be Water Wise during the California Drought
Splash Pools and Construction, Inc. – Serving San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange County
The drought in California is a major concern for home and pool owners, as well as us pool builders. What you might not know is that having a pool and surrounding decking actually uses less than half the water than an irrigated lawn. Seriously? Yes!!!!
If you already have a pool, then you are off to a great start. Here are some swimming pool water saving tips to avoid water evaporation and be water wise with your pool this summer:
- Install a pool cover to reduce water evaporation by as much as 90%.
- Shut off waterfalls, fountains, and other water features to reduce water loss and evaporation.
- Check the pool for leaks. If you suspect your pool has a leak, contact us for help.
- Minimize splashing or lower the pool’s water level to reduce “splashout.”
- Plug the overflow line when the pool is in use.
- Replace sand and DE filters with cartridge filters that do not require backwashing.
- Keep your pool clean to reduce frequency of backwashing.
- If your pool is heated, reduce the water temperature to reduce evaporation.
For more water saving tips around the yard and home visit Lets Pool Together.
For those of you in San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange County that do not have a pool, now is a great time to build! The Splash Pools and Construction team has more than thirty years of experience in the pool industry and we would love to meet with you to design the backyard of your dreams. From the pool design, landscape and outdoor living spaces, we can do it all. Contact us today to set up an appointment. We come to you!