Swimming Pool for Exercise | Splash Pools and Construction
You should be using your swimming pool for exercise!
A swimming pool is great for recreation and fun, but there are also so many health benefits to swimming. So when you are looking at the cost associated with building a swimming pool, you should also consider the health benefits for you and your entire family.
Fitness Magazine has an article about the benefits of swimming and here they are:
- It counts as both cardio and strength training.
- It’s Easy on the Impact – It’s great for those who need to take it easy on their joints. Or you can swim at higher intensities on a regular basis without feeling wear and tear on your body.
- It’s Great for Your Lungs – When your face is under water, oxygen is at a premium. In turn, your body adapts to use oxygen more efficiently.
- It Makes You a Better Runner – By increasing your ability to take in and effectively use oxygen, swimming increases your endurance capacity like crazy.
- Anyone Can Do It – Whether you’re recovering from an injury, pregnant, a new mom, or an Ironman competitor, swimming can give you a great workout.
- It Slashes Major Stress – Being submerged in water dulls the amount of sensory information that bombards your body, helping to bring on feelings of calm.
- It Turns Back the Clock – Regular swimmers are biologically 20 years younger than their driver’s licenses say they are, according to research from Indiana University.
- It Hits Otherwise Underworked Muscles – When you’re in the pool, your arms are all over the place, meaning you need to work your often-neglected lats, deltoids, and traps.
- It Makes You Smarter – Blood flow to the brain increased by up to 14 percent when men submerged themselves in water up to their hearts, according to a Journal of Physiology study.
- It Opens You Up to Awesome Experiences – When you master swimming, you can be more adventurous. Think swimming across San Francisco Bay or snorkeling in the Bahamas.
Are you ready to get started on your new exercise center…your swimming pool!
It will be great for kids and adults, be conveniently located in your backyard, provide great entertainment and even add value to your home.
What is great about hiring Splash Pools to complete your backyard design ideas is that we can do it all. We have licenses for swimming pool, patio and landscape construction. If you are not ready to do your entire project from the start, we can complete your backyard design and then construct it in phases to meet your needs.
We serve the areas of Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Los Angeles Counties. Please call our office to see if we work in your city. 909-614-1333
If you are ready to begin working on your project, you can also fill out the contact form on our website.
swimming pool fitness • water aerobics • exercise in the pool
swimming laps • water fitness • lap pool